[Ovmsdev] Simcom 7000G

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sun Jun 27 21:44:29 HKT 2021

Derek,

The for-v3.3 branch has support for the SIM7000 and SIM7600 modules I have been testing, but there are significant differences in SIMCOM firmware versions, so compatibility may depend on that. The for-v3.3 branch in general has issues with recovery from loss of connectivity that I haven’t managed to identify/fix yet.

I am surprised you got a SIM7000 to fit - my version had to have a new board design as the footprint is very different to the SIM7600 and SIM3600.

Regards, Mark