[Ovmsdev] Implementing advanced charge control

Greg D. gregd2350 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 01:48:09 HKT 2021

Hi Steve,

Gating Homelink with On would certainly solve the problem.  Good thought.

I've found it handy when I'm out in the yard to use the OVMS app on my
cell phone as a garage door opener, telling the car to trigger
Homelink.  Would that still work, i.e. have the Location-based trigger
be gated, but not the app?  On the other hand, with the publicity of IOT
hacks to electronic locks, perhaps the security of the app may not be
sufficient as a remote house key.  Should there be a security config
flag or PIN?

Greg