[Ovmsdev] External Wifi antenna

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Sun Jan 24 02:05:36 HKT 2021

On 1/23/21 6:07 AM, Michael Balzer wrote:
> Some info for those in need of a better Wifi signal than achievable with
> the builtin ESP32-WROVER antenna:
>
> A friend of mine on the german Twizy forum had severe signal issues,
> using an external router antenna he saw an improvement of ~10 dB.

This is pretty interesting. But rather than add a socket (and move R15
to R14 to switch from internal to external antenna) I'm tempted to try
just swapping esp32 modules. Mouser stocks the V3 revision now and the
ESP32-WROVER-IE comes with the u.fl connector already installed for
about $3. For $0.29 more I can get 16 MB SPI flash, any reason to not do
that?

		Craig