[Ovmsdev] Happy discovered: I3 seems to manage 12v battery charge by itself

Greg D. gregd2350 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 03:33:12 HKT 2021

Stephen Casner wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2021, Greg D. wrote:
>

>> Stephen Casner wrote:
>>> It is necessary to depress the brake and momentarily turn to position
>>> 3 to initiate the start-up sequence and put the car into driving mode.
>> I was specifically referring to the Roadster (2.x if that matters) for
>> this use of switch position 3.  I expect that's another Roadster-unique
>> behavior.
> I was also referring to the Roadster.  My point was that postition 3
> is not just for toggling to Performance mode.
Interesting.

I didn't know the 1.5's behaved that way.  On a 2.x, simply turning the
key to position 2 and pushing the "D" button gets you going.  Foot on
brake likely required, too.  Never tried without doing that, for safety
reasons.  I guess they figured the "start" action was kind of silly in
an EV, and repurposed the 3rd switch position for something else.

But to the question of vehicle states, is a single metric going to be
sufficient, or do we need separate status metrics for the various
functions as it is today?  I'm not sure.  The more of these exceptions
we run into, the more the separate metrics make sense to me.

Greg