[Ovmsdev] Queue overflows

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Jan 11 19:54:04 HKT 2021

This normally happens if the Wifi connection isn't fast / stable enough
for the WebSocket stream(s), or when the web server doesn't get enough
CPU share.

It also depends on the frequency and volume of changes in the metrics &
logs, which need to be transported to the web client(s).

I had taken some measures to cut down the logging for these issues, but
I think that needs to be optimized further -- especially as logs now
also are transported to the web clients. If for example you've got two
web sessions open and the first runs into the overflow, the second will
be flooded with the warning messages and probably run into overflow as
well. I'll put that on my list.

Steve, you can try raising the queue size, but I think you didn't find
the right queue. The default size is 50, the queue is created in the
WebSocketHandler constructor (m_jobqueue).

If that helps we can raise it generally or add a config for this.