[Ovmsdev] Time for release 3.2.016?

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Feb 22 05:36:45 HKT 2021

Steve,

Am 21.02.21 um 22:08 schrieb Stephen Casner:
>> Each ssh connect on my test module leaks 88 bytes of RAM in the NetMan task:
> I recall something like this from when I first implemented SSH.  This
> may be the socket structure that LWIP creates.  It keeps a pool of 10
> of them, if I remember right, and doesn't reuse them until all 10 have
> been created.

Confirmed, no more leakage after 10 connects.

>> Second is, the Mongoose/wolfSSL version doesn't validate CA certs the mbedTLS
>> version has no issues with:
>>
>> I (340220) ovms-server-v2: Connection is ovms.dexters-web.de:6870 TEST1
>> E (340670) ovms-server-v2: mg_connect(ovms.dexters-web.de:6870) failed:
>> Invalid SSL CA cert
>> E (340670) ovms-server-v2: Status: Error: Connection failed
> What would I need to do to repeat this test?

As shown in my example, simply try to establish a V2 TLS connection to
my server. As the TLS already fails you don't need a vehicle login, but
you can of course create one.

I'm using Let's Encrypt certificates, testing other servers is easiest
with our Duktape HTTP.request() method. See…
https://docs.openvehicles.com/en/latest/userguide/scripting.html#http

>> Is it possible there still are other components using mbedTLS?
> I saw in the configuration that libsodium uses mbedTLS.  As I
> mentioned, I did not do anything at this point to trim the mbedTLS
> configuration.

libsodium is linked in, but I don't find any API usage, neither from our
code nor from esp-idf components.

Maybe wolfSSL really is less memory efficient than mbedTLS? Maybe we
should try to adapt wolfSSH to mbedTLS then… ;-)