[Ovmsdev] GPS theft alert

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Feb 14 02:40:59 HKT 2021

Steve,

yes, that may be enough time to trigger an alert, as the modem also will
need a couple of seconds to get the first fix after a reboot. If that
happens on the highway, you may well reach the alert threshold.

A better init option:

   if (!StdMetrics.ms_v_env_on->AsBool())
     StdMetrics.ms_v_env_on->SetValue(false);

That takes advantage of the new persistence of the flag. (Persistence
cannot currently detect "false" as a defined value on boot, as that's
the default bool value.)

Furthermore, you can test the flag to see if you should directly set the
poll state to your driving mode. Btw, the same applies to most status
flags now, so you can for example also detect if a charge session was
active before the reboot.