[Ovmsdev] Temperature precision needlessly high

Lance Tjessem ltjessem at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:36:40 HKT 2021

For me the value is shown in Home Assistant, which gets the value from
my MQTT server. In the past I've just let it use the value directly,
which used to operate with a precision of 0.5 C. I can filter it at
the front end, it just seemed odd to suddenly jump from 0.5 to 0.00001
precision for such a reading.
 "metrics list v.e.ca" is also returning the same 0.00001 precision
but the OVMS android app displays it with a more sensible 0.1
precision at least.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 11:22 AM <jaunius at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hi Lance,
>
> The v.e.cabintemp was a float value before as well. But I guess this is because we introduced a user adjustment feature. Anyway, I think it's more of a GUI issue rather than metric itself.
>
> Where are you trying to check it?
>
> Regards,
> Jaunius
>
> Sent using the GMX mail app
>
> On 2021-02-09 at 12:17, Lance Tjessem wrote:
>
> > I just updated to the latest edge build, and I see that the cabin temp
> > metric is now needlessly precise. Examples of v/e/cabintemp I've seen
> > today are -5.55556 and -1.66667
> > This is on a NL, not sure if it affects other cars as well.

mvh.
Lance Tjessem