[Ovmsdev] External Wifi antenna

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Mon Feb 1 07:14:45 HKT 2021

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021, Craig Leres wrote:
> I can't find any pictures of a v3.0 module but the esp32 V3 devkit's I've
> gotten have a smaller module with some side pins move to the bottom of the
> module. Does the wroom on your V3.0 board look like the attached?

Yes, attached are photos of the OVMS v3.0 board and the old DEVKIT-C
with a topless module that Mark sent me when we were first starting
out before the OVMS boards were made.

> If so then maybe the ESP32-WROOM-32UE/M113EH2800UH3Q0 would work? Or
> ESP32-WROOM-32E/M113EH2800PH3Q0 if you don't want to switch to an
> external wifi antenna?

The ESP32-WROOM-32UE/M113EH2800UH3Q0 would allow me to attach an
external antenna and perhaps increase flash size, but the WROOM series
does not include PSRAM and that is the problem I want to fix.

                                                        -- Steve