[Ovmsdev] OvmsMetricVector<string> causing console.log error

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Sep 6 21:19:20 HKT 2020

Derek,

see ovms_metrics.h:

/**
 * OvmsMetricVector<type>: metric wrapper for std::vector<type>
 *  - string representation as comma separated values
 *  - TODO: escaping / string encoding for non-numeric types
…

The template hasn't been specialized for non-numeric types yet, simply
as they haven't been needed up to now.

You're welcome to add this template specialization.

DukPush() works without specialization because the DukContext.Push()
method has specializations for the most common types, and Duktape knows
about the types added to the array.

AsString() and SetValue(string) need special handling for string vectors
(quotes & escapes).

AsJSON() is used for the websocket transport of metrics. If you can use
json_encode() for AsString(), AsJSON() doesn't need additional handling,
but you'll need to add a string parser to SetValue(), as std::quoted
cannot handle JSON encoded strings.