[Ovmsdev] WiFi connect to non-broadcast SSID broken

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Sep 1 14:31:48 HKT 2020

Greg,

to connect to a hidden SSID, you need to specify the BSSID (MAC)
additionally to the SSID.

There was and is no config for that, so you need to use the commands,
e.g. by scripts:

OVMS# wifi mode client ?
Usage: wifi mode client [<ssid>] [<bssid>]
Omit <ssid> or pass empty string to activate scanning mode.
Set <bssid> to a MAC address to bind to a specific access point.

As you can see in the change history, I added the BSSID option to the
apclient mode command as well:

OVMS# wifi mode apclient ?
Omit <stassid> or pass empty string to activate scanning mode.
Set <stabssid> to a MAC address to bind to a specific access point.

Scanning mode isn't supported with hidden SSIDs.