[Ovmsdev] Locations (actions, etc)

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Wed May 6 14:10:40 HKT 2020

Mark and Michael,

I have fixed the problem that caused the "location action" command to
always say the command was unrecognized.

The current status of this project is that the location command stores
action parameters in the config attached to the location name and
position entries that existed before I began this project.

My plan was to implement the actions directly, not through scripts.
Mark specified a concept of charging profiles to be implemented in the
vehicle code and the location actions could select one of those
profiles, or trigger a homelink action, or send a notification text.

The idea of this being a convenience wrapper for scripts is a
reasonable one except that figuring out what configuration state is
represented by a collection of scripts is difficult.  I suppose one
way to roughly manage that would be to keep the state as now but then
have a dedicated script subdirectory that gets blown away and
recreated from the state every time the system starts up.

Since this command is storing the actions with the locations, that
does not immediately generalize to events.  A parallel repository of
event actions could be implemented.

                                                        -- Steve