[Ovmsdev] File logging task

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Jun 15 13:55:10 HKT 2020

Do you think that the overhead of the logging framework is impacting performance of things like SSH/SCP and SIMCOM async? Kind of related to the issue I raised about the infinite loop caused by debug logging on the web console and ssh (when those are already receiving log monitor output) - logging the logging.

It seems using ESP_EARLY would avoid this? Or a cleanup to move such logging to verbose level, other stuff at debug level, and a restriction on web client and ssh to never log monitor above debug level?

Regards, Mark.