[Ovmsdev] UserTrust/AddTrust/Comodo root CA expiration

Shaun Jurrens shamziman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:58:40 HKT 2020

Hi,

I finally got my module in these Covid times (took 2 shipments and almost 3 months) and got it set up for the first time and after I got logged in via ssh, I also got the new certificate installed after a few minutes of orienting myself with the file system commands.  It might be worth mentioning that the “trustedca” directory doesn’t actually exist by default.  So basically, you need to do:

OVMS# vfs mkdir /store/trustedca

and then from a laptop terminal prompt:
scp -c aes128-cbc usertrust.crt omvs at 192.168.4.1:/store/trustedca/usertrust.crt

I’m not sure if the cipher needs to be specified and the module seemed to need a reboot to read the certificate, but I then finally did get a connection.

There was still some noise from mongoose about SSL, but it didn’t seem to affect the v2 server connection.

Overall, it was pretty easy to setup and much more transparent than my old V2 module. I guess I should start looking at the Volt/Ampere code to see if this pre-heat option is real and app accessible.

Yada, yada,
Shaun
(via the iPad thingamajigg)