[Ovmsdev] VW e-Up read/poll via OBD is working

Soko ovms at soko.cc
Thu Jul 30 22:43:59 HKT 2020

Ahhh OK, I've found OvmsVehicle::virtual void TickerXXX(uint32_t ticker);
Got it! This was exactly my issue as I didn't know about any function
which gets called regularly so I could check something like this...
It's not an ideal situation though: I just can slow down the poll after
my fail-counter gets too high as I need to check when the car gets
powered again. So all I can do is polling, lets say every 60 secs when
the car is off, and increase it once its on. But there is now way around
this 60-sec polling if the only thing I can do is poll :(

Afaik there is only the sharkcow's list below, reverse engineered by him
from ODBeleven.

(dev)marxx exlpained to me: There is a gateway between the CAN-Buses and
the OBD Connector in all VW-AG vehicles which only replies to polls and
also acts as security gateway if you want to write to the buses.

So I think I cannot really do a can log or use re tool as the OBD
interface stays quiet if I'm not polling it...

And as there is no other vehicle from VW,Seat,Skoda,Audi,etc. in OVMS.
So I have no cheat-sheet :(

Anyhow... I would need to poll one ECU (is this the correct therm?)
which doesn't shuts down... or maybe the issue is the OBD-gateway
shutting down.

What do you think?

Soko