[Ovmsdev] PSRAM fix in esp-idf release v3.3

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Fri Jul 17 11:51:07 HKT 2020

On 2020-07-16 02:27, Michael Balzer wrote:
> I've merged the latest release/v3.3 esp-idf into our idf fork and merged
> the PSRAM fix test branch into our OVMS master.
[...]
> 1. Update your toolchain to release 1.22.0-96-g2852398-5.2.0: download
[...]
> Test your toolchain installation by checking xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc --version

This is awesome; I have built this version of the toolchain under
FreeBSD and will update the FreeBSD port soon.

> 2. Pull our latest esp-idf master and -important- update the submodules

(For reference) this is what I use:

     git pull
     git submodule update --recursive

I hope this update generates some momentum for us to move towards a v4
esp-idf and gcc8. That said I'm still very happy to get the psram fix
toolchain and esp-idf for my (non-mainstream) build environment.

		Craig