[Ovmsdev] VW e-Up read/poll via OBD is working

Soko ovms at soko.cc
Thu Jul 30 20:43:25 HKT 2020

Hi guys,

Want to report success on connecting and reading my VW e-Up via OBD
cable using the Poller. As you can see in the screenshot of the log
attached I get an IncomingPollReply(..) call and an SoC value of 33.333%

Once I turn of the ignition and lock the car though I don't get any
replies no more (line D 793813) and then I get can1 errors... I'm
polling with 10 seconds intervall.

I know that this is as it should be... but my issue is: I don't have any
way to know if the ignition is on, the key is in, the car is running,
the car is charging as the PIDs are not known for such values (afaik by
the lists of sharkcow
https://www.goingelectric.de/wiki/Liste-der-OBD2-Codes/).

So what would be the best approach to change the different polling
states? Can I somehow get called (in my vehicle-class) if an can-error
is thrown? Then I would increase the poll frequency.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Soko