[Ovmsdev] debugging CAN bus error flags

Derek Caudwell d.caudwell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:31:00 HKT 2020

Thanks Michael,

That explains why I was struggling to decode the error flag. Having been
through the MCP2515 docs and decoded the logged error flags can2 is
receiving they all relate to overflow of RXB0 but not RXB1. Hence this does
not really pose or indicate a problem for the can bus / MCP2515 chip,
correct?

So if I have understood the chip operation is there any reason for line 489
in mcp2515.cpp which causes these to be logged?

489: LogStatus(CAN_LogStatus_Error);

As if RXB1 does overflow and cause a packet loss then line
467: ESP_LOGW(TAG, "CAN Bus 2/3 receive overflow; Frame lost.");
deals with that?

Cheers Derek