[Ovmsdev] Unusual simcom hang

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Jul 14 07:59:46 HKT 2020

Craig,

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I wasn’t aware of it.

The DeniedRegistration thing is part of the GSM standards. If the SIM repeatedly can’t connect to the network, the modem itself backs off and won’t try for an exponential delay.

There is a low-level AT command that can clear this, but normally best to wait for the network to recover.

Regards, Mark.

P.S. Also worth double-checking you still have balance on the account.