[Ovmsdev] Cannot reset simcom stuck in PoweringOn state without removing module power

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Feb 2 18:07:50 HKT 2020

Craig, Mark, Thomas,

Dimitrie / Thomas just reported a very similar (same?) issue on a EU modem: https://www.openvehicles.com/node/2401
<https://www.openvehicles.com/node/2401#comment-6228>

He managed to get a log from the issue, which shows the MUX startup to be broken and remain broken until power down.

Specifically, MUX port 2 (just that one) gets stuck in some error state, which does not resolve by a soft power cycle.
Thomas also found out even a short hard power cycle won't be sufficient to resolve this:

> I found out, when i powered off and 1-2 sec. later on again. the modem got stuck.
> when i power it off and wait 1 minute and then power it on. it will start normal.

His modem firmware version is 35316B12SIM5360E (B12).

@Thomas: there is a B13 available…

> I've found later versions (up to B13) and release notes listed only here:
> https://techship.com/products/simcom-sim5360e-mpcie-sim/
>
> …but you need an account to access them and must accept an NDA.

If you feel lucky you might try that. But it's also possible this is a hardware flaw in all SIM5360 versions.