[Ovmsdev] Addition to OVMS Developer Guide

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Thu Dec 31 16:51:29 HKT 2020

Steve,

very good to read and spot on now in my opinion.

Regarding command options: for my latest command addition (obdii
requests) I checked if we can use getopt_r(). Problems are a) it's not
in the newlib included in esp-idf, and b) we also would need to change
all handler signatures to allow getopt to modify the argv array. I also
checked if some clever C++ getopt class is available but found none.

I returned to implementing the option scanning the classical way, but
took a note to implement a support class for this later on.