[Ovmsdev] Keeping OBD-II alive

Steve Davies steve at telviva.co.za
Sat Dec 26 23:00:55 HKT 2020

On Sat, 26 Dec 2020 at 16:35, Steve Davies <steve at telviva.co.za> wrote:

> My car's OBD currently goes off after a while whenever it's not READY (to
> drive) (whether charging or not),

Trying not to spam with questions - but ...

If the car is off and not responding on OBD then obviously information
going through to the apps becomes stale.

But the apps still show "Live" in the corner and it's not obvious that the
info is out of date.

Is there a way to show how many minutes old the data is or something like
that?

Does this interact with the autostale stuff in some way?  I'm not really
understand the effect of this - I changed the metrics for 12v current to
SM_STALE_MID and it must be stale by now but the misleading 8.9A figure is
still showing in the OVMS web "status" page.  Also in "metrics list".  Is
it supposed to disappear when it goes stale.

Thanks,
Steve