[Ovmsdev] WiFi client not switching to better AP

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Dec 21 03:49:14 HKT 2020

Steve,

I just bewildered my neighbours by walking through the house, holding a
black box into the corners while staring onto my laptop screen… ;)

Works nicely. With "wifi reconnect" on the event, it scans immediately
for the next wifi net, without the script it doesn't scan until it
actually loses the connection, so works as before. I've seen no
duplicate "good" or "bad" events as well.

We could add an option for that reconnect strategy to the network
configuration already, so users don't need to create an event script to
get this behaviour.

I think the second part, keeping TCP connections alive on AP changes,
will require some more changes – if it's possible at all with the
current Wifi & LwIP stack.