[Ovmsdev] Dcdc converter metrics

Steve Davies steve at telviva.co.za
Sun Dec 20 20:22:43 HKT 2020

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 at 11:38, Michael Balzer <dexter at expeedo.de> wrote:

> Does any of your cars provide a 12V current reading at the battery? Or a
> temperature of that battery? These could help diagnose 12V battery issues
> early. But the voltage is normally sufficient to estimate degradation.

I have dozens of items relating to the 12v battery - but as far as I can
see it's all logged history of charge cycles including SOC and temps start
and end of charging cycles.
eg:

    #define I3_RES_EDME_STAT_E1_12V_BATTERIE_TEMP_LADEBEGINN_WERT
(RXBUF_SCHAR(69))
    #define I3_RES_EDME_STAT_E1_12V_BATTERIE_TEMP_LADEBEGINN_WERT_UNIT '°C'
    #define I3_RES_EDME_STAT_E1_12V_BATTERIE_TEMP_LADEBEGINN_WERT_TYPE char
        // Set 1 (last) - temperature of the 12V battery when starting the
12V battery charging process / Satz 1
        // (letzter) - Temperatur der 12V-Batterie beim Starten des
12V-Batterie Ladevorgangs
    #define I3_RES_EDME_STAT_E1_12V_BATTERIE_SOC_LADEENDE_WERT
 (RXBUF_UCHAR(81)/2.0f)
    #define I3_RES_EDME_STAT_E1_12V_BATTERIE_SOC_LADEENDE_WERT_UNIT   '%'
    #define I3_RES_EDME_STAT_E1_12V_BATTERIE_SOC_LADEENDE_WERT_TYPE   float
        // Sentence 1 (last) - state of charge of the 12V battery when the
12V battery charging process is ended (= state
        // of charge when starting if charging is not possible) / Satz 1
(letzter) - Ladezustand der 12V-Batterie beim
        // Beenden des 12V-Batterie Ladevorgangs (=Ladezustand beim Starten
wenn Laden nicht möglich)

I can't find anything specifically for temp and SOC "right now".

Steve