[Ovmsdev] Add +12V ignition detection in OVMS HW v3.3? (was: VW e-Up: CANopen & CAN-ID scan results)

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Aug 3 14:31:23 HKT 2020

DB9 pin #1 is used for k-line. I guess it could be re-used for two purposes (on an expansion card).

That said, it would make the cabling a little tricky. The DB9 12V is permanent. Having a 12v switched supply as well would presumably mean a loose wire coming out of the cable? Seems easier to just make a simple DA26 cable with just 1 pin connected to a loose wire (or other wire outputs for relay, and general inputs, etc) - kind of why I was thinking of making this a more sophisticated board.

Regards, Mark.