[Ovmsdev] Polling keeps car awake (VW e-Up at least)

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Aug 3 02:12:19 HKT 2020

Soko,

polling may keep the car awake, that's also an issue on the Kia e-Niro IIRC.

Changing the PollState can only affect the car indirectly via the
changed polls. Maybe you could add your code & a log?

Regarding the poll replies stopping, is that also reflected in a CAN
log? Maybe the OBD gateway throttles if it sees too many requests?
(Hopefully not…)

If the gateway does throttling: do you login to the OBD as a "tester"
and keep the session active by periodically sending the "tester present"
frame?