[Ovmsdev] Polling not working as expected

Soko ovms at soko.cc
Wed Aug 12 21:47:58 HKT 2020

Hey guys,

I'm wondering how the poller ticker works as it seems it doesn't poll as
frequently as expected. Here are my (simplified) polls:

const OvmsVehicle::poll_pid_t vwup_polls[] = {
     {VWUP_CHARGER_TX, VWUP_CHARGER_RX, VEHICLE_POLL_TYPE_OBDIIEXTENDED,
VWUP_CHARGER_AC_U, {0, 0, 5}},
     {VWUP_CHARGER_TX, VWUP_CHARGER_RX, VEHICLE_POLL_TYPE_OBDIIEXTENDED,
VWUP_CHARGER_AC_I, {0, 0, 5}},
     {VWUP_BAT_MGMT_TX, VWUP_BAT_MGMT_RX,
VEHICLE_POLL_TYPE_OBDIIEXTENDED, VWUP_BAT_MGMT_U, {0, 1, 5}},
     {VWUP_BAT_MGMT_TX, VWUP_BAT_MGMT_RX,
VEHICLE_POLL_TYPE_OBDIIEXTENDED, VWUP_BAT_MGMT_I, {0, 1, 5}},
     {VWUP_BAT_MGMT_TX, VWUP_BAT_MGMT_RX,
VEHICLE_POLL_TYPE_OBDIIEXTENDED, VWUP_BAT_MGMT_SOC, {0, 20, 20}},
     {0, 0, 0, 0, {0, 0, 0}}};

I was expecting to get both voltages and currents every 5 seconds and
just milliseconds apart from each other. And (of course) every 20
seconds the SoC.

But I get one of the first four every seconds (taking 4 seconds in total
until a I have all) and SoC only ~40 seconds.

Is there some way to change the poller to the expected behavior?

I would like the first 4 very close to each other so I can calculate AC
power, DC power and therefore the efficiency of the charging process.

thx

Soko