[Ovmsdev] USB port fragility

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Tue Aug 4 09:11:49 HKT 2020

On 2020-08-03 01:26, Michael Balzer wrote:
> I've had multiple cases now of damaged and broken off USB ports.

I managed a mechanical "no heat" desolder of the usb port on one of my
modules last year (I wasn't careful when sliding the seat back with a
cable plugged in). When I took it apart I could see that there was not
very much solder in the four holes that secure the usb shell to the
board. At the time my suspicion was that the small amount of solder from
the factory wave solder made for a weak bond. I was lucky that I didn't
lift any pads and was able to resolder it.

		Craig