[Ovmsdev] OBD2ECU use with latest Roadster cable?

Greg D. gregd2350 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 01:29:09 HKT 2020

Hi Mark,

So, following the "OVMS issue: obdii on can3 crashes VMS" thread on TMC
led me to an "oops!", I think...  Did I miss something?

With the updated OVMS cable to the Diag port on the Roadster, the report
is that all 3 CAN busses are connected to the car.  If so, doesn't that
make the obd2ecu process impossible to run, since there's no CAN bus
available on the 26 pin port to connect a HUD to?  And, if one were to
hook up a HUD to the 26 pin port, wouldn't its polls be sent on (at 500
kb/s) through the OVMS wiring to the car, confusing the car?

Is the older (single CAN bus) cable still available?  That, I would
think, would fix the problem.  I have the original cable, so haven't
noticed anything wrong.  The OP on that thread also claimed the original
cable, which doesn't make sense.

Where is the Oops?

Greg