[Ovmsdev] Polling keeps car awake (VW e-Up at least)

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Aug 3 19:10:08 HKT 2020

Soko,

I don't see any obvious mistakes on a first check.

Please do the tests again with CAN monitoring, so we can see what's
actually going on on the bus.

An OBD device normally logs into the device sending a UDS diag session
command (0x10), then keeps that session alive by sending tester present
(0x3E) evers 30-60 seconds. See the UDS documentation I sent you, or for
an overview, see https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Diagnostic_Services

You should be able to get the session type and protocol by logging what
your VCDS does on the bus.