[Ovmsdev] Add +12V ignition detection in OVMS HW v3.3? (was: VW e-Up: CANopen & CAN-ID scan results)

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Aug 3 10:21:37 HKT 2020

It is hard to modify the main board, without voiding the certifications we have (and going through the expense of re-certifying).

Simplest would be to implement this on an expansion board. Perhaps extend the K-line board we have to do other functions (12v switched status, relay control, etc)?

The DB9 is full (all 9 pins assigned), so this would have to be via DA26.

We have been using the EGPIO lines for system use, starting at #0 and working upwards:

#0 MDM_EN (modem enable)
#1 SW_CTL (external 12v control)
#2 CAN1_EN (can#1 enable)
#3 MDM_DTR (modem DTR)

Then expansion boards should start at #9 and work downwards:

#9 K-line enable (on k-line expansion board)

I guess we need just a simple voltage divider, and pull down, to determine on/off state of switched 12v?

Regards, Mark.

P.S. I have been hoping that Espressif would release a successor to the ESP32 with more RAM and GPIO pins, but it looks like the prefer to go lower performance/spec, rather than up.