[Ovmsdev] Polling keeps car awake (VW e-Up at least)

Soko ovms at soko.cc
Mon Aug 3 01:30:39 HKT 2020

Heya again,

I'm trying to develop a detection for when the car is off/locked but I'm
encountering a weird phenomena:

  * Car is shut down and locked
  * OVMS connected
  * CAN poll for voltage (only one poll value active) with 30 secs fails
    with error (so far nothing weird)
  * Unlock the car via car-key remote
  * Poll succeeds and I'm switching from PollState=0 to PollState=1
    where I poll every 2 secs
  * Lock the car via car-key remote
  * _After 1 hour the polls still work and the car is active_

Is something like this known from other vehicles? So basically my car
never shuts down :(

Another secondary weird thing:
When increasing the time to 5 secs for PollState=1 the polls get no
reply and after 20 secs I swap back to PollState=0.
BUT the second the PollState changes the car replies again...
Even more weirdness: When PollState=1 time is 10 secs and I swap back to
Pollstate=0 after 40 secs the same thing happens! Immediately I swap to
PollState=0 the car replies again.
As if the PollState switching somehow wakes the car up??!

Any ideas?

Soko