[Ovmsdev] Add +12V ignition detection in OVMS HW v3.3? (was: VW e-Up: CANopen & CAN-ID scan results)

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Aug 2 17:47:08 HKT 2020

Mark,

I remember the current Leaf also has the issue of the OBD port being
filtered by a gateway to only support polling.

I think we should generally add a +12V ignition signal detection to the
next OVMS hardware revision, i.e. without the need to add extra hardware.

There is no standard for the ignition / switched +12V being available at
the OBD port, but I think most cars will have that. If a car doesn't, it
should still be easy to get from around the OBD port (e.g. fuses).