[Ovmsdev] OVMS V3 power consumption readings

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Oct 23 21:31:16 HKT 2019

Glyn,

Powered exclusively by ext12v, @12v, I get:

Wifi off/sleeping: 25mA
Wifi only: 49mA
Wifi + 3G: 85mA

Powered exclusively by USB, @5v, I get:

Wifi off/sleeping: 46mA
Wifi only: 104mA
Wifi + 3G: 180mA

Note that in areas of low signal, the 3G power consumption can be higher. Similarly, if GPS is enabled that can have an affect as well. I’ve never seen it go over about 220mA (and even that was just for short bursts).

If I power it from both USB and 12V simultaneously, I get:

Wifi off/sleeping: 8mA (USB 5v) and 19mA (ext 12v)
Deep sleep: 8mA (USB 5v) and <1mA (ext 12v)

(The 8mA is mostly from the CP2102 which is powered off when not in use)

Regards, Mark