[Ovmsdev] http client calls from script

Anko Hanse anko_hanse at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 25 13:22:46 HKT 2019

Hi all,

I was wondering if the OVMS scripting support already includes some kind of http -client. I would like to be able to do something like this:

function stopCharging() {
    var xhttp = new XMLHttpRequest();

    xhttp.onreadystatechange = function() {
        if (this.readyState == 4 && this.status == 200) {
             var resp = JSON.parse(xhttp.responseText);
             var status = resp.response.status;
            print('status: ' + status);
        }
    };

    xhttp.open("POST", "https://<url to charge box manufacturer>/<my deviceId>/stop-charge", true);
    xhttp.setRequestHeader('Authorization', '<some magic token>');
    xhttp.send( '<some magic json struct>');
}
I've got a proof-of-concept javascript running on my pc, including some preparation http calls to get the right magic token and the charge-box indeed receives the command and stops charging.
But am now having trouble translating this in javascript that is accepted by the OVMS module...

I also have the beginning of a OVMS script, triggered by ticker.60, that basically does:

var charging  = OvmsMetrics.Value("v.c.charging");
               var bat_soc = OvmsMetrics.AsFloat("xnl.v.b.soc.instrument");

if (charging === "yes" && bat_soc >= 80) {
                    stopCharging();            // <-- this still fails...

                   // Note: OvmsVehicle.StopCharge();  is not possible on Nissan Leaf (only StartCharge is)
                }

It would be really nice if I could get the OVMS module to trigger the stop charging command by itself. That would give me similar functionaliy as what this guy did using a CarLoop device (https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=23741).

If it is not possible, then I need to revert to running a script somewhere on a server, that will periodically keep an eye on the OVMS metrics and then triggers the stop.

OKidoki,
Anko