[Ovmsdev] Change to v2 server - client specific commands

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu Oct 24 16:52:02 HKT 2019

I made a change to the ovms v2 server code (remember, the repository moved) and added support for client specific commands.

Previously, if an App sent a command to the car, the reply from the car is transmitted to all connected Apps. The change is to try to keep track (a queue) of outstanding commands and who sent them - then when the reply comes in we direct it to the specific App that sent the original command (and not the others). If the queue messes up, and we lose track, we revert to the old behaviour.

It seems to work well, but was non-trivial. In particular, the command functions 1 and 3 (feature and parameter lists) complicate things as they have multiple replies to a single command - so specific support had to be added for those.

It is live on the api.openvehicles.com <http://api.openvehicles.com/> server now. Hopefully there won’t be any issues, but please let me know if you see any issues running commands - send me the vehicle ID and time, and I can check.