[Ovmsdev] Kona electric and http routing

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Oct 23 14:33:41 HKT 2019

The connection between the SIMCOM and the ESP32 is 115,200 baud. That could be increased (in software), and there is software flow control on the GSM MUX we use (although I have no idea if SIMCOM implements it); but without hardware flow control lines I don’t think it could/would approach 3G speeds.

The alternative is to swap it around. Put the modem and the SIM in some other device designed for that purpose, and have OVMS connect to that as a WiFi client.

Regards, Mark.