[Ovmsdev] Scripting - missing integrations

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Oct 8 16:25:50 HKT 2019

Also missing:

  * OvmsEvent (raise)
  * OvmsNotify (raise)

…these would be especially valuable for communication between module and web plugins as well as MQTT listeners.

We also need an HTTP/HTTPS client accessable from scripts. Our OvmsHttp implementation needs to be replaced by the IDF HTTPS client.

Simple file I/O for scripts would also be valuable (e.g. scripts writing custom data logs to SD).

Script access to protected config values could be granted by a general API key mechanism, as planned for the web API (/api/execute). I.e. the
script needs to use a valid API token to access protected configs. An API token could include a set of specific grants & denies, so we can
extend that as needed to also cover other potentially critical stuff like network & file access. Similar to App permissions on Android / iOS.