[Ovmsdev] Vehicle Sub-Modules

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Thu May 30 23:47:32 HKT 2019

On 2019-05-29 23:24, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:

>> About restructuring/refreshing, have you plan or think about upgrade
>> mailman 2.1 to mailman 3.x with something like hyperkitty ?
>
> Not high up on my radar. Last I looked, mailman 2.1 -> 3.x upgrade was
> ‘buggy’ (their term, not mine). Has that changed? If it is a relatively
> simple upgrade path, I am happy to do it.

I run mailman a few places and recently looked into upgrading. It's
definitely a mess. It's broken up into a bunch of different python
modules and pulls in an impressive number of non-base modules. It uses
django which is great but they don't provide a working django config,
just a reference. After a fair amount of effort in setting it up I gave up.

Funny story. Early in my python career I went to pycon with a friend who
wanted to stay after and do sprints for a few days. When ended up
working on mailman3.

This was in 2005 and as far as I can tell it still isn't to the point of
being very usable.

		Craig