[Ovmsdev] Vehicle Sub-Modules

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon May 27 15:20:30 HKT 2019

I view them as modules, not really standalone projects or libraries. Kind of like all those modular components in systems like GEM, HomeBridge, logstash, etc. They won’t work outside their given ecosystem.

Just trying to think of a way of making it easier to get involved / write vehicle support modules (and trying to encourage fitting in with the existing framework, rather than modifying it).

Getting rid of having to merge pull requests is one motivation, but it is really more towards giving a sense of ownership to the vehicle module maintainer. He/she can commit as they work on the module, and both he/she and the main project simply pull in whatever they have at the time of build.

At the moment, the vehicle modules are the most troublesome part of the system. We get support calls / emails for these, but no easy way to answer. I would really like to find a way to ease and incentivise the development of vehicle modules.

Regards, Mark.