[Ovmsdev] can log

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Thu Jun 20 01:48:36 HKT 2019

On 2019-06-17 18:56, Tamás Kovács wrote:
> I have a 1.5 year old modell with the following numbers (2018020219PTWU)

What class is your micro SD card? I tried searching for the number you
gave but google didn't find it.

These days I always try to get class 10 cards (C10). I haven't done any
serious logging but this is what I'm using in my module:

     https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/9973399986/

Even within class 10 there U and V speeds:

     https://www.techspot.com/guides/1591-microsd-buying-guide/

(Scroll down to the table in the "Getting to the microSD cards..." section)

But what is the maximum throughput possible with the ovms module? This page:

     https://panasonic.net/cns/sdcard/industrial_sd/performance.html

seems to show that the clock frequency is twice the bus speed. So with
maxfreq.khz set to 20 MHz as suggested does that mean we cannot expect
to see more than 10 MB/s? This would make me think that any class 10
card (10MB/s minimum sequential writes) would at least not limit the
write speed.

		Craig