[Ovmsdev] Locations and scripts

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Jun 19 14:10:39 HKT 2019

I have committed and pushed what I have. It has not had extensive testing - for which I need to get it in some cars and get some real world data. A rough synopsis of what has been done follows:

A major set of extensions (and basic re-write) of the CAN logging framework.

The system is now split into three:

The logging framework itself
The formatters (to convert to/from formats like pcap, crtd, etc)
The loggers (to read/write to different locations such as monitor, vfs, tcp, etc)

Also standardised are the formatters (now shared between can logging and retools), and the filters (so software filters can be defined and handled in a standard way).

The tcpclient and tcpserver loggers have not yet been implemented. They are there purely as stubs at the moment.

This is a very large change, and has not had extensive testing yet. There will likely be a number of changes in the coming few days / weeks.

It has turned into a rather interesting framework, with quite a lot of overlap vs retools. I think we can move quite a bit that retools does into this, to simplify that code and let retools do just the analysis part (without worrying about collection data and moving it around the network). It will be interesting to see what happens once tcpclient and tcpserver get implemented (my next task, and much simpler than what has been done to date).

Regards, Mark.