[Ovmsdev] Interrupts when hearing from digital radio station

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Jun 28 13:47:31 HKT 2019

There has been no change on the radio side (which is the most likely thing causing your interference).

The testing we did on the 3.1 modules was pretty close to passing as it was. Just at a couple of frequency points it edged very slightly over the permitted values. Really just a few percent. Annoying as hell.

The filters we added are on the power side. Primarily intended to stop the module interfering with other devices on the same power line. We could have gotten the same benefit by adding magnetic ferrite rings to the vehicle cables (but adding them to the board is more convenient). I guess there could be some EMI style interference improvement, but it wasn’t measurable. The lab didn’t ask us to make any changes on the EMI front.

Regards, Mark.