[Ovmsdev] Hyundai Kona support ( was Re: Reseller, Vehicle Support Table, Fully Charge Live & Hyundai )

Peter Lord peter at plord.co.uk
Thu Jun 6 01:14:51 HKT 2019

> On 5 Jun 2019, at 08:04, Timo Penttilä <timo.penttila at codetap.se> wrote:
>
> I’m helping Geir with the KIA e-Niro in OVMS, since he sold his car.
> There is no remote preheating available for the KIA cars yet.

Ah Many thanks Timo.  A somewhat related question then.

I have a Hyundai Kona Electric and would love to see support for that in OVMS -
this should be straight forward since it should be the same as the e-Niro.

At the moment I'm using autopi but plan to get a v3 when its available - in the
mean time I can still use autopi to explore PIDs ( I've been contributing to
https://github.com/JejuSoul/OBD-PIDs-for-HKMC-EVs ).

Is there some magic technique you've been using to discover PIDs on the e-Niro ?
Any sources of info that might be of use ?  This who discovery thing is driving
me nuts :-)

Cheers,

Pete