[Ovmsdev] Locations and scripts

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Sat Jun 1 00:51:10 HKT 2019

I had an idea that perhaps we could ignore the invalid GPS readings by
observing whether there was a simultaneous jump in altitude.  However,
in one of the big spikes from yesterday the altitude readings are flat
while the latitude and longitude values jump.  It is interesting that
the big jumps in longitude have all been positive in my graphs while
the simultaneous latitude change is sometimes positive and sometimes
negative.

It would be nice to know whether these anomalies are specific to the
Tesla Roadster's GPS receiver.  What kind of antenna is needed to
operate the GPS receiver in the modem?  Maybe it would be possible to
record data from both of the at the same time and compare.

                                                        -- Steve