[Ovmsdev] esp-idf v3.3

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Sat Jul 27 05:05:24 HKT 2019

On 2019-07-26 07:02, Michael Balzer wrote:
 > FYI, I just pushed a fix -- v3.3 PPPoS needs an explicit request to
 > deliver DNS addresses, that's why modem connectivity was gone unless you
 > had configured DNS addresses manually.

I just did:

     git pull
     git submodule update

but did not see any changes. Last change I see was July 20th:

     ice 564 % git log | head -4
     commit e97f72ea24d2377033d0d0c2c83ff39dfa4b338e
     Merge: 40f01ec30 91f29bef1
     Author: Michael Balzer <balzer at expeedo.de>
     Date:   Sat Jul 20 22:11:10 2019 +0200

Does this tell you enough about my tree?

     ice 564 % git remote show origin
     * remote origin
       Fetch URL: https://github.com/openvehicles/esp-idf.git
       Push  URL: https://github.com/openvehicles/esp-idf.git
       HEAD branch: master
       Remote branches:
         feature/psram_malloc tracked
         master               tracked
         release/v2.0         tracked
         release/v2.1         tracked
         release/v3.0         tracked
         sntp-extension       tracked
       Local branch configured for 'git pull':
         master merges with remote master
       Local ref configured for 'git push':
         master pushes to master (up to date)

Or maybe you updated a different branch?

> The new idf seems to produce more crashes than the previous version.

That's funny, a week ago I picked up the change Mark made to fix
tcpserver and tcpclient related crash issues and I also updated the the
esp-idf v3.3 and both of my car modules have been rock solid ever since.

		Craig