[Ovmsdev] Crashes while flashing

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Mon Jul 29 12:11:20 HKT 2019

I think there might be a new problem with the code. The most common way
for me to load new firmware is via the "Flash from web" from my system
at home. Several times this weekend I've gotten "Request error, please
retry" when starting the flash. Just now I got one half way through the
flash. I haven't been able to get a useful stack trace because my
build/ovms3.elf has already been overwritten with a new image when this
happens and xtensa-esp32-elf-addr2line just prints a bunch of "??:0"
lines. I've had this multiple times on two different modules today and
so far 3 times in a row. I finally resorted to booting from the factory
partition (which I try to keep loaded with the current public release).
That resulted in it completely losing its config and firing up the OVMS
ssid instead of joining my network.

I've attached some frame grabs.

		Craig