[Ovmsdev] Android App v3.12.2 in Play Store

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Jan 16 16:32:14 HKT 2019

I played around with it some, and managed to get the number of warnings down from 550+ to below 100 :-) The bad news is, of course, 80/20 rule that the last 20% are gonna be by far the hardest. But these are warnings, so we may get away with them for some time. Mostly deprecated function interfaces that are still working (but maybe dropped at some point in the future). Some date back to IOS 6, so a little scary...

I also took the opportunity to fix a couple of niggling issues that have been annoying me. Tidied up the storyboard layouts, fixed a crash on lock/unlock for cars not supporting the function. etc. I’ve committed what I have done so far.

I’ve also started working on a messaging tab (just like the android app). Adding the tab was relatively easy (despite changes in storyboard), but the ‘drop in framework libraries for chat bubbles’ all seem incredibly convoluted. Not 'drop in' at all. I was expecting something to draw the screen for me, and simply give me a method to call to add a chat text message. But, no; these libraries want me to do all the drawing myself. Literally copy-and-paste half a dozen classes from example code, then try to remove dependencies on yet more third party libraries. Good grief… So much more complex than I had hoped, but I am working on it.

Regards, Mark.