[Ovmsdev] BUG? in v3.2.0-1 in vehicle_mitsubishi - flood of BMS-error msg

Michael Eric Menk mikeemenk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 00:04:05 HKT 2019

On 19.01.2019 16:30, Tamás Kovács wrote:

> I don't understand, i see all the 88 volt and 66 temp sensor data in
> CAN frame, your car is sure to be 80 cell?

Yes, it's a 80 cell car..

I have 363  hours    7  minutes  38  seconds of logs

Max volt:

> select max(b_volt) from SECLOG ;
> 329.7

Cell volt of one missing cell:

> select avg(CMU_12_CELL_D) from CELL_VOLTS;
> 0.000539636363636364
> sqlite> select avg(CMU_01_CELL_D) from CELL_VOLTS;
> 3.89978060606068

The car shuts down if i cell gets down to -30

> select count(*) from cell_temps where CMU_12_UNIT_3 > -30 ;
> 115
> select count(*) from cell_temps where CMU_12_UNIT_3 < -30 ;
> 20510

the 115 readings is odd, seams to be some ghost readings...

> select distinct(CMU_12_UNIT_3) from cell_temps ;
> -50
> 0
> 20

Maybe a glitch when starting the car, an initial value.. Since it's
only 0 and 20°C, that's likely considering we also see the same with the
QC signal of RR=255.

Solution?

It's likely that the the messages are sent on the bus, but it's not used
by the components. We do know, from documentation from Mitsubishi that
if the battery (one cell) is below -30°C, the car goes in to
hibernation, and wakes up after 6 hours to check if the battery have
warmed up.

In other words, if one of the sensors is below -30°C of the optional
battery cells, then we know that the battery has 80 cells.

--
Michael Menk