[Ovmsdev] 3.2.000

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Fri Jan 18 23:36:06 HKT 2019

Yep, definitely worth a major revision bump, and a huge thanks from me to everyone here as well.

The scripting system before wasn't suited for much more than simple calculations, and editing scripts on the console wasn't likely to attract users as well. I
think we'll see some cool applications evolve from this now. Maybe we should add a top level directory for scripting extensions?

A number of users also jumped into web plugin development, that could also be worth a top level directory. If only as an incentive to publish their results.

Btw, a user currently works on an ESP8266 based wifi console to display metrics and some simple battery powered wifi buttons to trigger commands:

The community is growing. I've also got a feedback from an automotive engineer who was absolutely astonished discovering all the features and tools included.

I think we need better communication on what the OVMS can already do now, not only for users but especially also for technical applications and fleet management.